7 Best Plants for the Office Desk
Every business manager is well aware of the value of an encouraging and congenial ambiance at an office. Productivity is directly related to positive energy. You can only expect your employees to work with absolute concentration when they have a clear and relaxed mind. A refreshing and revitalizing environment doesn't only enable the office workers to be sharper and more proactive but also reduces the chances of conflicts among them. Most offices, however, have a very dull interior consisting of walls with grey and white colors and endless rows of identical cubicles. The monotony of daily repetitive office life coupled with that can lead to the gradual simmering of a lot of negative feelings.
So, the question is how do we put some life into the usually direfully boring office environment? The answer is simple. Many scientific studies and researches have shown that simply adding some greenery to a dreary scene can reanimate it. Indoor plants have many mental and physical health benefits to offer to humans. In-office settings are known to promote productive collaboration, enhance active engagement, improve agility, and inspire innovation. Let's take a look at 7 Best Plants for office desks.
1) Bamboo Plant: The bamboo plant is considered to bring good luck and prosperity in the place it is growing according to cultural beliefs such as Vaastu Shastra and Feng Shui. The plant is believed to absorb negative energy and exude positivity. It is also associated with wealth, growth, success, and fortune. As a plant that improves the flow of positive energy, it is considered ideal for an office setting.
2) Snake Plant: This plant is more commonly recognized and appreciated for the many health benefits that it has to offer. Keeping it in an office is a prudent investment as it will significantly reduce the odds of your employees taking sick day-offs. According to scientific studies, Snake Plant can absorb many cancer-causing pollutants such as benzene, CO2, toluene, formaldehyde, and xylene from an environment. Their ability to eliminate toxins also makes them an effective defense against airborne allergies.
3) Peace Lily: As the name signifies, peace lilies are considered the harbingers of peace and serenity which is always a good thing to have in your office. Peace lilies have dark green foliage with occasional white flower-like leaves. They are low-maintenance plants that do not require either a lot of water or sunlight to flourish. Additionally, according to the Clean Air Study carried out by NASA in 1989, peace lilies can also purify the air.
4) Orchids: Orchid plants can provide a workspace with the much-needed aesthetic upgrade. They are both colorful, spectacularly beautiful, and reassuringly pleasant-smelling. As a plant that caters to multiple senses, orchid pods are known to be extremely stress-relieving and calming, making them an excellent choice for any type of business. Orchid flower that can be found in various online flower delivery services. You can place an order with them and also, they provide same-day delivery.
5) Zamia: Zamioculcas Zamiifolia or ZZ Plant is another great low-maintenance indoor plant option for offices. The plant has potato-shaped roots under each stem. The roots, called rhizomes, help store water which in turn helps the plant survive days without water. Additionally, the plant requires the minimum amount of light in order to be able to do photosynthesis. Its dark green color has a calming effect and is known to improve cognitive function. Zamia can also be given as a gift to someone in the office.
6) Dracaena: Dracaena Plants are a great option for business managers to make their work environment more attractive, comfortable, and productive. Dracaena plants are one of the most popular indoor plants. They can grow as tall as three feet indoors. They have glossy dark leaves and a bushy tree-type appearance. As a visually striking plant, they are a great option to make your office space more eye-pleasing.
7) Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera plant is perhaps most commonly known for its healing abilities. It's a beautiful looking stylish plant that can significantly enhance the visual appeal of any kind of space. It's easy to maintain and doesn't require you to have much botanical knowledge.