Tips To Increase The Life Of Cut Flowers
Flowers make the occasion great and special – be it a wedding, birthday party, felicitation, or funeral. The sight of fresh flowers is both refreshing and pleasant. But lack of care can cause those much expensive flowers to dye out sooner than later. Needless to say – that would be the last thing you would want to see after shelling out a whole lot of money for buying those flowers. Here are some quick and easy tips for you to keep your flowers fresh like when they were bought from a fresh flower shop in Sharjah or elsewhere.
Carbonated drink treatment
Do you pour out your leftover carbonated drinks? Think twice before doing so next time
because you can use those leftover drops to rejuvenate the cut flowers in your vase. It’s
proven that the sugary content in carbonated drinks can extend the life of cut flowers
without letting them die out fast. Soda treatment is very simple. Simply pour the leftover drops of your soda into the flower vase. If you have a transparent vase, use Coke, Pepsi, or Fanta to make the vase look colorful and attractive, or use drinks like 7up or Sprite to make it look natural.
Amazing longevity with apple cider vinegar
Fresh flower shops in Sharjah and across the world use various methods to increase the life of cut flowers. One of the most effective and proven methods that guarantee maximum longevity to cut flowers is apple cider vinegar.
- Take a beaker or a mug and fill it with water.
- Add two tablespoons of sugar and two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar into it.
- Stir well until both ingredients are diluted well with the water.
- Take your flower vase and pour the diluted water into it.
- Place the cut flowers now in the vase. Change the water on every alternative day for the best result.
Do you know that aspirin is not only good to reduce pain or fever but also can increase the lifespan of flowers? In fact, many fresh flower shops in Sharjah and the rest of the world have been using this method for years. The result of aspirin treatment for cut flowers is just amazing.
- Take an aspirin and crush it well.
- Dilute the aspirin powder in water and pour that water into the vase where you plan to place your cut flowers.
- Remember to change the water on every alternative day for the best result.
Keep your vases clean
One of the reasons for cut flowers to die out fast is infection from bacteria and
microorganisms. And there is only one way to stop that – keep your vases clean. It is highly recommended to wash your vases after disposing of dead-out flowers in it. Likewise, use vases with wide necks so that fitting flower stems into it won’t be difficult. By integrating the aforementioned steps, you can increase the lifespan of your cut flowers. Make sure that you apply it right after obtaining flowers from the fresh flower shop in Sharjah or elsewhere.